Instagram @mrwisley

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Card link

So...I had visions of a full-blown letter, but this is more what I'm capable of right now! If you want more details, you'll just have to creep on our Facebook and Instagram accounts!

Shawn

Job change to Assistant Principal: I am at the same school (Abraham Lincoln Middle School in Selma, CA), but moved down the hall to become an assistant principal. I love my colleagues, and am growing a lot!
CUE/Lead 3.0/Fall CUE (Site Leader): I had a great year with my "tribe". I had the opportunity to attend several conferences that stretched me and grew my PLN (professional/personal learning network). In the spring, I was named the Site Leader of the Year for Central Valley CUE!

Shanah

More hours at the Well (Re:gen): Shanah continues to love her work at our church, The Well. She is the women's "shepherd" for the 12-Step-based recovery ministry (Re:generation) which is growing by leaps and bounds! It is so fun to see her in her element, totally serving out of her God-given strengths!
Swim: she also continues to make people shake their heads at her craziness by swimming at 5am 3 days a week!
Massage (Melissa): Shanah is still doing some massage, but the most gratifying client has to be Melissa. You can learn more about her on Facebook, so I'll just link that here.

Eden

Braces: Eden got braces this year. The transformation was amazing within DAYS! We'll see how long they have to stay on!
Band (flute): She is loving to play the flute in the advanced elementary band at her school. The growth over the past year is astounding
Robotics: At the recent FIRST Lego Robotics competition in her district, Eden's team tied for the second-highest score of the day.
5:16: Eden enjoys the craziness of her youth group, and absolutely loves her small group leader, Emily.

Emma

Girl Scouts: Emma has joined a local Girl Scouts troop. She's having a lot of fun with her friends!
Reading (Wonder): Emma is becoming a voracious reader, and is challenging me to read the book she finished recently (Wonder) before she'll allow the family to go watch the movie! 

All

Life Group: we've joined a small group on Wednesday nights (the same night that Eden has 5:16 and Emma has Girl Scouts). We're loving this small community of believers that are sharing life together. A highlight this year was spending time at Bass Lake with the group this summer. But prayer-request time every week is almost as good!

No comments: